Many homes in the Chester, N.Y., area are getting to the age at which things start needing to be replaced. Among them is your traditional hot water tank, that hulking drum that fills a corner of your basement. While you’re dusting it off this spring cleaning season, consider installing a tankless water heater in Chester, N.Y.
A tankless water heater can benefit you, your home and your bottom line in a handful of ways. Here are a few reasons to consider replacing a traditional water tank with a modern tankless water heater:
- Keeps energy costs down: Traditional water tanks heat and reheat water to a preset temperature around the clock and around the calendar, regardless of your needs. This gets pretty expensive. Energy.gov says that a tankless water heater can save you about $100 every year, based on average water consumption.
- Takes relatively little space: A sleek, new tankless heater is not the hulking eyesore a traditional water storage tank is. The traditional kind occupies a lot of room, which can disrupt the special potential of your home. Tankless water heaters are much smaller and can be placed in more spaces. This includes outside on the exterior of your house where it’ll never get in the way.
- Helps you ‘Go Green’:gov, the website of the United States Department of Energy, recommends using tankless water heaters to generate hot water in your home. It says that this can be up to 34 percent more energy efficient than a tank heater.
- Won’t run out of hot water: Have you ever had this misfortune of being the last one in the family to get in the shower? It isn’t pleasant. A hot water tank can run out of water, and it takes time to refill. This can’t happen in a tankless water heater because, as its name suggests, there is no tank to empty. With a tankless water heater you can get hot water on demand. It may take a few minutes for your water to warm up, but once it is there, you can get a steady stream of warm water indefinitely.
- Lasts a long time: A tankless water heater has a life-span of at least 20 years, often lasting much longer. A traditional water tank only lasts 15 years, if you’re lucky. Yes, installing a tankless water heater can cut the number of times the heating system breaks down and needs replacement in half.
When you’re looking for a tankless water heater in Chester, N.Y., and surrounding areas, contact Jones Services for the most professional advice and best installation.