We’re getting hit with a lot of snow today, so now’s the moment of truth: is your furnace working properly?
How can you tell if the furnace in your Warwick home needs repair? Of course, if you call the Jones Services HVAC professionals and ask them for an inspection, our experts will find your issue and the best possible way to resolve it in no time flat! But on your own, there are some warning signs any homeowner can check for in order to tell if they need furnace repair, and here is the comprehensive list:
- Poor Air Quality– Are your having allergies out of season? It could be because you need duct cleaning! If your ventilation for your HVAC system hasn’t been maintained in a while, it can collect dust and other contaminants that get distributed through the air.
- Loud Sounds– Not every furnace can be whisper-quiet, but it also shouldn’t be making banging sounds or other strange noises during normal operation.
- Higher-than-Average Bills– Have your heating bills been going up each month? It could be because the weather is getting colder…or there may be something wrong. If you start to notice a huge jump in the price of your energy bills, consider an inspection.
- Uneven Heating Between Rooms– If you experience insufficient heat or heat that is unevenly balanced between different rooms, you may have issues with your ventilation or your insulation. Either way, you should have a professional come and perform a check up on your furnace.
- Temperatures Not Matching Thermostat– Should you notice that your home feels colder or warmer than the temperature on your thermostat, it may not be your thermostats problem. Sometimes, when a furnace is old enough, it fails to produce the proper temperatures even though it is burning the same amount of fuel.
So call the experts at Jones Services today. Our heating professionals can perform an inspection and furnace repair to have your heating system back in shape on the same day as your call!