You may already beginning to feel the blunt force of this season’s coldest weather and if you haven’t, then you’re about to experience it really soon. Are you ready? If not, then you need to contact a high-quality Goshen heating service like Jones Services for any of your heating needs whether it be repair, replacement, or installation. Of course, it’s also crucial to have heating in your home that’s highly energy efficient. When you’ve got holiday gifts to buy this season, the last thing you need is high heating bills interfering with your shopping budget.
One of the main goals of Jones Services is to educate customers across the Goshen area on how to achieve better heating in your home. At Jones, we believe knowledge is power, especially when it comes to understanding the ins and outs of heating systems. When you talk with one of our many heating experts, you’ll get a better understanding on how to shield your home from cold weather.
What Does Our Goshen Heating Service Recommend?
Like finding that perfect gift for your loved ones, saving energy during the winter is absolutely important. You need high-quality heating that won’t cause you to pay an extra dollar or two on heating bills. If you’re looking to save energy this season, then here are 5 tips for you to follow:
- Shorten Showers: Stepping into a warm shower after a cold day can be absolutely refreshing, but it’s wise to keep shower time short. Hot water is valuable during the winter, so it’s best not to waste it and instead save hundreds of gallons of water keeping showers down to a few minutes.
- Insulate Your Ceilings: If you don’t think your home is insulated enough for the winter, add even more insulation to your ceiling. Homes without proper insulation can actually make the cost of heating rise by almost 25%.
- Seal Air Leaks: Leaks in your ductwork can form, leading to the costs of heating in your home to raise dramatically. You may find air leaks in cupboards, closet spaces, and ceilings. Seal them up with mastic tape before it’s too late!
- Embrace the Sunshine: Sometimes, all it takes to save energy is by opening up the curtains to allow the sunshine come in. The fall and winter may be cool but the sun will let in free heat that you’d otherwise have to rely on from furnaces and fireplaces.
- Turn Down Water Heater Temperature: Your water heater will supply you with much-needed hot water this fall, but it’s actually much more energy efficient to turn down your water heater temperature. This way, your water heater will use less energy to heat water while still providing it to all of your plumbing fixtures.
Contact Jones Services today if you need Goshen heating service before the coldest months of the year truly begin to take effect. And of course, follow these tips so you’re not stuck with energy-wasting heating all season long!